HKU Summer Institute Now Calls for Application!
"IDSS 2301: Data Science for Beginners: Theory, Algorithms and Applications"
The Institute welcomes application from interested undergraduate students
Data science has grown to become a large, interdisciplinary subject and an integral part of the society, with applications found across a wide range of domains. This summer course offers a friendly introduction to a number of important topics in data science, focusing on the mathematical and algorithmic foundations. Applications of data science in various scientific, engineering and business domains will also be presented.
The summer programme instructors are our faculty members jointly appointed by both the Institute and various Departments in the University.
Areas of Interest:
#Machine Learning #Optimization #Statistics #Neural Network #Network Science
July 10 – July 20, 2023
- Understanding of the mathematical foundations of data science
- Ability to construct mathematical models for real-world data analytic problems
- Ability to process and analyze real-world, large-scale data sets
- Ability to implement data science related algorithms
- Appreciation of the broad and powerful applicability of data science
- Optimization: basic theory and modeling
- Optimization: algorithms
- Bayesian statistics
- Network theory
- Basics of machine learning
- Basics of neural network
- March 31, 2023 (Non-local)
- May 31, 2023 (Local)