Careers at IDS
Applications are invited for the appointment as a Technical Manager / IT Officer in the HKU Musketeers Foundation Institute of Data Science (HKU IDS) (Job Ref.: 519780), (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totally up to 10% of basic salary, and with the possibility of renewal).
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or related disciplines with at least five years of post-qualification work experience in supporting the IT service of an organization. They should have profound technical skills and experience, ideally gained in higher education sector or research environment. Candidates with strong communication and problem-solving skills are preferred, as these are essential to building and maintaining a fast-paced, inspiring culture that renders support to various IT-related activities. Candidates with impressive academic performance and less work experience of 2-3 years after graduation would be considered for the position of IT Officer.
The appointee is expected to be devoted and self-motivated who will oversee the provision and operation of IT solutions supporting teaching and research activities/tasks in the Institute. As the Institute is a small sized unit, he/she is required to perform and help with, in an independent manner, the following areas:
- all hardware and software management, IT management, data transformation, data mining and workflow automation and agile software development;
- maintain and update various existing systems to ensure the operational status of line-of-business activities;
- fill in the feature gaps between the systems provided by the University Central units and the need of the users from the Institute and relevant Faculty members;
- ensure that IT technology is adopted appropriately to perform tasks efficiently; and
- knowledge of building GPU farms or GPU clusters and Slurm to ensure a good task management system for our researchers would be an advantage.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. as well as a design portfolio. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until May 12, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.